During the first week of October each year, NAMI and participants across the country raise awareness about the critical importance of mental health during Mental Illness Awareness Week. Each year, we educate the public, fight stigma and provide support. And each year, our movement grows stronger. You can join us in doing your part.
Start by spreading awareness of mental health. We need everyone to understand that you can’t have good health without mental health.
- Get the facts
- Learn about mental health conditions
- Know the warning signs of mental illness
- Find out what you can do to prevent suicide
- Attend our support groups and classes
- Explore our resources
- Share why you care:
Bonus steps to take:
- Students, parents, teachers: Request a free Ending the Silence presentation at a Westside Los Angeles middle or high school.
- Become a NAMI member!
Mental Illness Awareness Week 2019