Please note: The resources included here are not endorsed by NAMI, and NAMI is not responsible for the content of or service provided by any of these resources.
211 - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Text zip code to 898211.
- Website: https://www.211.org
- Description: Connects people with local resources and assistance for crisis and emergency, housing, food, and health.
- Spanish speaking option available
Access Crisis Hotline - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Phone Number: 800-854-7771 (Press 1 for crisis services)
- Website: https://dmh.lacounty.gov/our-services/disaster-services/access-hotline/
- Description: 24/7 Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team (MCRRT).
- Services include deployment of crisis evaluation teams, information and referrals, gatekeeping of acute inpatient psychiatric beds, interpreter services and patient transport.
- Request Psychiatric Mobile Response team – team is made up of two DMH clinicians; law enforcement will be involved only if requested by clinicians based on danger assessment.
- Spanish speaking option available
Crisis Text Line - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Text HOME to 741741
- Website: https://www.crisistextline.org
- Description: Provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
- No Spanish services provided
Disaster Distress Helpline - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Phone Number: 1-800-985-5990
- Website: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
- Description: Provides 24/7 crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
- Spanish-speakers can call the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 bilingual support
Homeless Outreach Mobile Engagement (HOME) 24/7 Hotline - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT (Case Management)
- Phone Number: 800-854-7771
- Online Pamphlet: Homeless Outreach Mobile Engagement
- Description: County-wide field response unit consisting of teams of professional and paraprofessional staff dedicated to addressing the needs of the homeless mentally ill.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - FREE, NOT ONGOING
- Phone Number: 800-273-8255
- English chat option available at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Description: Provides free, 24/7 confidential support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress through a hotline.
- The website provides resources and information on how to help yourself and someone else in a crisis. You can find a therapist/support group, information on building and using a support network, make a safety plan, and find specific crisis resources for coping during community unrest, emotional wellbeing during the COVID-19 outbreak, youth, disaster survivors, Native Americans, Veterans, Loss Survivors, LGBTQ+, suicide attempt survivors, deaf and hard of hearing/hearing loss, and Spanish speaking resources.
- Spanish speaking options available at 1-888-628-9454
Trans Lifeline - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Phone Number: 877-565-8860
- Website: https://translifeline.org
- Description: Provides free 24/7 anonymous and confidential hotline support by and for transgender people.
- The website has resources for ID Change, gaming, self-care and emotional support, supporting a trans loved one, coming out, legal/social transition, non-binary and genderquee.
- Family and Friends Line
- The Family & Friends Line provides peer support for friends, partners, family members and professionals supporting trans loved ones and community members. To access this service, call their main hotline and ask for the Family & Friends Line. The operator will find out the best time to call you back and you will receive a call back from a Family & Friends operator who has lived experience supporting trans people.
- Spanish speaking option available: Press 2 to speak to an operator in Spanish.
- Spanish speaking resources at https://translifeline.org/resource/espanol/
The Trevor Project - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Phone Number: 866-488-7386
- Text START to 678678
- Chat option on website at https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
- Website: https://www.thetrevorproject.org
- Description: Provides free crisis intervention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth, including a 24/7 hotline and text line.
Veterans Crisis Line - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Phone Number: 800-273-8255 and press 1
- Text 838255
- Chat option available on website
- Website: https://www.veteranscrisisline.net
- Description: Connect for free with the Veterans Crisis Line to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves.
1 in 6 - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Website: https://supportgroup.1in6.org
- Description: Free and anonymous chat-based support groups for male survivors of sexual abuse or assault who are seeking a community of support. Each group meets weekly and is facilitated by a counselor.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Website: https://www.dbsalliance.org
- Description: Offers weekly free adult peer led support groups, which allows people to gain insight and coping strategies from other group members’ lived experiences. This group is a warm, friendly, and safe environment for those diagnosed with mood disorders – depression and bipolar disorder. Also provides resources, education, and educational events.
NAMI Westside LA Support Groups - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Peer and Family Support Groups available
- Website: https://namiwla.org/supportgroups/
- Description: Offers Peer Support Groups for those living with mental health conditions, and Family Support Groups for family members and loved ones who are impacted by mental illness. They are free and no registration is required for you to attend. They provide a safe, judgment-free, and confidential environment for attendees to share their stories, learn from one another, and offer and receive support.
- Main Office: 921 Westwood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024
SHARE! the Self-Help And Recovery Exchange - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Website: www.shareselfhelp.org
- Description: 12,000 self-help support group meetings for all issues, conditions, life transformations and addictions.
- SHARE! Recovery Retreat
- Phone Number: 626-677-3850
- Description: Provides a free home away from home for up to two weeks filled with intensive recovery activities, including self-help support groups, independent living skills, conflict resolution and paths to achieving goals. People learn in a homey environment, living together as a family with every participant being part of the shared leadership of the house. Free to any mental health consumers in Los Angeles County.
- SHARE! Collaborative Housing
- Phone Number: 310-846-5271
- Description: Is a public-private partnership to provide affordable, permanent, supportive housing to disabled people in single-family houses throughout Los Angeles County. People with similar issues, such as vets, mental health consumers, people with diabetes, trauma issues, etc. live like college roommates, each paying very affordable rent in a fully-furnished house. The Collaborative Housing Homeowner furnishes the house, pays all utilities, does not collect a Security Deposit and does not require residents to pay for a credit or background check. Residents pay rent from their disability checks or other income directly to the Homeowner.
- Housing referrals are made from 1 to 3 pm weekdays by phone, or walk in to SHARE! Culver City or SHARE! Downtown for a referral in person.
- Volunteer-to-Job Program
- Description: Gives anyone a meaningful job at SHARE! no matter how limited their skills or debilitating their symptoms. SHARE! trains and encourages our Volunteer- to-Jobs participants until they develop the skills and confidence to obtain an unsubsidized job either at SHARE! or in the community.
- SHARE! Recovery Retreat
- SHARE! Culver City Office: 6666 Green Valley Circle Culver City CA 90230
- SHARE! Downtown Office: 425 South Broadway Los Angeles CA, 90013
- Support Groups Central – Free, Ongoing Support
- Website: https://www.supportgroupscentral.com
- Description: Support groups for almost all mental health issues.
- Bridging the Gap: for survivors of TBI (traumatic brain injury) and loved ones – Free, Ongoing Support
- Website: Bridging the Gap: Brain Injury Resources, Events, Stories and Community
- Meetings are currently virtual on Zoom
- Please call Celeste at (909) 260-0980 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll be added to a list to get the unique meeting ID and password the day before each Tuesday’s meetings.
- Tuesdays at 9:30 AM — Support Group Meeting for survivors, caregivers, family and friends
- Tuesdays at 11 AM — Caregiver Meeting
Counseling Centers and Private Practices
Accent on Wellness Psychology Associates, Inc. - LOW COST, SLIDING SCALE, MEDI-CAL ACCEPTED, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-855-3990
- Website: http://www.socialscienceconsulting.org
- Description: Affordable, caring, solution-focused psychotherapy, provided by Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Registered Psychological Assistants, Associate Clinical Social Workers, and MFT interns, in English, Spanish and Farsi.
- Appointments available 9 am to 9 pm Monday-Thursday, 9 am to 7 pm Fridays, and 9 am to 2 pm Saturdays to accommodate busy schedules.
- Serving individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages—children, adolescents, adults and elderly.
- Accepting Medicare, LA Care/Care 1st Medi-Cal, additional Medi-Cal plans and California Victims of Crime. Many other insurance plans are accepted including some HMOs and PPOs. Sliding scale also available with proven need.
- Los Angeles County Locations
- 2790 Skypark Drive, Suite 215, Torrance, CA 90505
- 2730 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 620, Santa Monica, CA 90403
- 5535 Balboa Blvd., Suite 110, Encino, CA 91316
Airport Marina Counseling Center - SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-670-1410
- Website: https://www.amcshelps.com/
- Description: Individual or Group Counseling, Family or Couples Therapy, Child & Adolescent Counseling, Psychiatric Care, Consultation & Referrals.
- Main Office: 7891 La Tijera Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Alcott Center for Mental Health Services - LOW COST, MEDI-CAL ONLY, ONGOING SUPPORT, FREE ART PROGRAM
- Phone Number: 310-785-2121
- MEDICAL ONLY
- Website: www.alcottcenter.org
- Description: The Alcott Center is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the quality of life to enhance the quality of life, promote independence and empower individuals living with mental health issues to live productive and meaningful lives.
- Studio Arts and Social Programs consists of free, regular social activities such as trips to baseball games, field trips and Friday afternoon Pizza Parties as well as our Studio Art Program.
- Main Office: 1433 S. Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles 90035
Catholic Charities - St. Margaret’s Center - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-672-2208
- Description: This location has psychotherapy for individuals (children and adults). In addition, the center offers food programs, including groceries, sack lunches and senior food distribution; utility assistance; immigration processing; counseling services; adult education classes ( ESL, Citizenship, GED); tutoring for adults and youth; CalFresh and MediCal application assistance; homeless programs; health screening; workshops; and holiday programs.
- Main Office: 10217 S. Inglewood Ave., Lennox, CA 90304
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 888-807-7250
- Website: www.didihirsch.org
- Adult Services
- Description: Comprehensive adult mental health services–including extensive community-based case management, medication support, group, individual and family therapy, peer support, advocacy and housing assistance, TAY, adult and older adult services, and CalWORKs mental health services. Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish and Farsi) and field-based services available. SUBSTANCE USE SERVICES: Community Engagement and Navigation Services (CENS), which provides substance use assessments to determine the most appropriate level of care recommendation. Referrals and linkage to substance use treatment programs are provided. Adults only.
- Youth Substance Abuse Services
- Description: Out-patient prevention and treatment services for youth ages 12-21 who meet medical necessity for a substance use disorder or those who are at risk for a substance use disorder. Services are provided on-site and approved field-based school sites.
- Adult Substance Abuse Services
- Description: Out-patient substance use treatment services for adults who meet medical necessity for a substance use disorder and are determined to be appropriate for out-patient services.
- Adult Services
- Main Office: 4760 So. Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City 90230-4888
Family Service of Santa Monica (A Division of Vista Del Mar) - FREE, MEDI-CAL ACCEPTED (up to 21 y/o), ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-451-9747
- Description: A division of Vista Del Mar, we provide outpatient counseling and psychotherapy services for children, families, and adults at our agency and community sites. Services are available in English and Spanish. School based services are supported by the City of Santa Monica. Reflective Parenting Groups, parent workshops and topical groups are offered at the agency and community sites. Medi-Cal is accepted for children and teenagers, up to age 21 years old. RRR can be offered to qualifying children and young adults up through age 26 years old. A Sliding Fee Scale is offered for clients without Medi-Cal or private insurance. For clients with private insurance, documentation is provided for submission to their PPO insurance companies for reimbursement.
- Main Office: 1533 Euclid St Santa Monica, CA 90404
Glendale Center, Glendale (a program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 818-244-7257
- Description: Comprehensive adult mental health services – including extensive community-based case management, medication support, group, individual and family therapy, peer support, advocacy and housing assistance, and TAY, adult and older adult services. Bilingual/bicultural (Armenian and Spanish) and field-based services available
- Description: Individual and family counseling for children, and private counseling. Parenting classes, medication management and case management. Outpatient services for children & families.
- Main Office: 1540 E. Colorado St., Glendale, CA 91205
Iben Family Support Center (A Program of the Boys and Girls Club at Venice) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-390-4477
- Website: https://www.bgcv.org/iben-family-support-center.html
- Description: Free child counseling for Boys & Girls Club members. Services provided by Airport Marina Counseling Center. After school youth guidance & intervention program serving children 6-18. Athletics, homework, art, games room, social skills, Teen Center, snack, reading & tutoring program. Dance, fitness center and drama.
- Main Office: 2232 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
Inglewood Center, Inglewood (a program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 818-244-7257
- Main Office: 1540 E. Colorado St., Glendale, CA 91205
Jewish Family Service of Los Angeles/Pico-Robertson - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Website: https://www.jfsla.org
- Aleinu Family Resource Center Intake: 310-247-0534
- Description: The Aleinu Family Resource Center has earned the respect and trust of the Orthodox community through culturally sensitive resources for strengthening individual and family life. The counseling center is staffed with social workers, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, and school based therapists who work together as part of our interdisciplinary team. Aleinu brings a variety of talents and expertise together to create a highly qualified team to best serve our clients.
- New Moms Connect Program and Postpartum Support Group
- Phone Number: 310-247-0864 x 218
- Description: The New Moms Connect program is designed to help new mothers and their families who are experiencing stressors and symptoms associated with Postpartum Depression by providing education, prevention, intervention and support services. New Moms Connect helps new mothers experiencing Postpartum Depression to overcome feelings of isolation, depression and stress while increasing access to community resources and strengthening their support network. This weekly group is a supportive space to meet other moms, learn baby care skills and talk about child development. The group shares personal experiences in a warm and caring environment. Support and resources are available to family members assisting them in their role of caring for a new mom who is struggling.
- JFS Counseling Services
- Phone Number: 310-247-0864
- Description: Counseling, social work intervention, crisis intervention. This JFSLA program offers sliding fee counseling and services with the goal of strengthening individuals, family and community life. Services include counseling, education, advocacy, information & referral, conflict resolution, and EAP services. Professional JFS therapists provide counseling and support for adults, children, and families dealing with a wide range of issues. Services include one-on-one counseling and psychotherapy, consultation and referral, parent education, support groups, school-based counseling, and workshops on a variety of topics. At various JFS locations, counseling is available to the English, Russian, Hebrew, Farsi and Spanish speaking communities. Services are provided on a sliding fee scale and some insurance is accepted.
- Jewish Family Service HOPE (formerly Family Violence Project)
- 24 Hour Crisis Hotlines in English and Spanish: 818-505-0900 and 323 681-2626
- Information Line: 818-789-1293
- Description: JFS has two 30 day crisis shelters that provide basic needs and food, crisis intervention, individual therapy, support groups, case management, legal advocacy, CalWorks client advocacy, parenting education, and a children’s program. There is also a transitional program, Hope Transitional, that provides individual therapy and group support, children’s counseling, case management, parenting classes, budgeting workshops, and housing placement assistance. Hope Counseling provides individual therapy, weekly support groups, child therapy (Trauma Focused CBT), and community outreach.
- Aleinu Family Resource Center Intake: 310-247-0534
- Main Office: 8838 W. Pico Blvd, Los Angeles 90035
Kohan Foundation Counseling Center - SLIDING SCALE, MEDI-CAL ACCEPTED, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Culver City Office: 310-968-6648
- Sherman Oaks Office: 424-331-9070
- Website: http://www.kohanfoundation.org/
- Description: Founded in 2011, Kohan Foundation is a non-profit counseling center offering individual and group psychotherapy, on a sliding-scale basis, to adults, children (age 5+), adolescents, couples, and families Areas served include Culver City, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Ladera Heights, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Santa Monica, South LA, Venice, Westchester, West L.A., and the greater LAX area. Most insurance plans, including MEDI-CAL, are accepted. Counselors speak English, Farsi and Hebrew. Areas of specialty include dual diagnosis, children and teen therapy, and couples counseling.
- Culver City Office: 5601 W. Slauson Ave. #192, Culver City CA 90232
- Sherman Oaks Office: 4419 Van Nuys Blvd, Suite #305, CA 91403
- Tarzana Office: 18401 Burbank Blvd, Suite #210, CA 91356
Maple Counseling Center - SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-271-9999
- Website: www.tmcc.org
- Description: Non-profit clinic offering psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults, seniors, singles, couples & families. One-time intake fee, sliding scale thereafter. School-based counseling and Community Circle program. Parent education.
- Main Office: 9107 Wilshire Blvd, Lower Level, Beverly Hills 90210-5518
Metro Center, Los Angeles (a program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 213-381-3626
- Website: https://www.mhala.org
- Description: Individual and family counseling for children, private counseling, and CalWORKs. Parenting classes, medication management and case management. Outpatient services for children & families; mental health services.
- Main Office: 672 So Lafayette Park Pl, Ste 6, LA 90057
Open Paths Counseling Center - LOW COST, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-258-9677
- Website: https://openpaths.org/
- Description: Open Paths offers therapeutic counseling in English and Spanish to members of the community who are unable to afford standard fees for mental health services. We assist clients struggling with a variety of mental and emotional challenges, with positive psychological support and appropriate care. Some of the services include individual, marital, child and family therapy, group therapy and parenting education.
- Main Office: 5731 W Slauson Ave Suite 175, Culver City, CA 90230
Pacific Asian Counseling Services - LOW COST, MEDI-CAL ACCEPTED, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-337-1550
- Website: https://www.pacsla.com
- Description: They provide culturally sensitive and language specific services with expertise in the immigrant Asian Pacific Islander populations. Psychiatric consultation and medication support for ongoing clients, school related concerns such as disruptive classroom behavior, ADHD, etc.; co-occurring substance abuse and mental health issues, trauma recovery grief and bereavement issues, improving interpersonal communication, bridging the cultural and generational gap in families, conflict resolution, adjusting to situational stress from divorce, job loss, relocation, etc. Case Management Services and linkage to community resources, assistance in enrolling in public insurance programs. We provide Prevention and Early Intervention services utilizing evidence based practices including MAP, TF-CBT, Seeking Safety, CPP, and Family Connections. Serves MediCal eligible children and adults.
- Main Office: 8616 La Tijera Blvd # 200, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Pepperdine University Community Psychology Counseling Clinic - LOW COST, SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number 310-568-5752 and 866-396-8970
- Website: https://gsep.pepperdine.edu/about/clinics/
- Description: Provides psychotherapy for individuals, couples and family members of all ages. Educational therapy for learning difficulties and play therapy for children. Psychological assessments for personal, vocational or school needs. Hrs: 9am-8pm M-F. Telephone first. Sliding scale down to $15; No Medi-Cal.
- In addition to the Community Counseling Clinics, GSEP also provides counseling services to the homeless community at the Los Angeles Union Rescue Mission.
- 6100 Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045
S. Mark Taper Foundation Center, Los Angeles (a program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, NOT ONGOING (Crisis Only)
- Phone Number: 714-547-8562
- Description: Multi-lingual 24 hour, 7 days a week, suicide prevention hotline services, individual support counseling and group for those who have lost a loved one to suicide, as well as outreach and training to the community of Orange County.
- Main Office: 2000 East 4th St. Suite 201, Santa Ana, CA 92705
Southern California Counseling Center - SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Crisis Line open until 9pm: 323-937-1344
- Website: https://www.sccc-la.org
- Description: Psychotherapy
- Main Office: 5615 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019
Thaddeus Resource Center - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 909-599-2111
- Website: https://www.thaddeus.org
- Description: The Thaddeus Resource Center is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to RESTORE HOPE, INSPIRE GROWTH, and EMPOWER GIRLS & WOMEN through education, life skill development, workforce training, therapy, and life coaching.
- Main Office: 2621 Damien Ave. , LaVerne, CA 91773
Venice Family Clinic - FREE, LOW COST, ONGOING SUPPORT (with or without insurance)
- Medical Appointments: 310-392-8636
- Website: https://venicefamilyclinic.org
- Description: A nonprofit, free and low-cost community clinic providing primary care, behavioral health (including substance use treatment) and dental care to low-income people in L.A. County. Bilingual staff therapists and psychiatrists provide mental health and addiction services to Clinic patients only. All appointments are scheduled through the medical appointment line; patients will be assessed during medical visits and referred to a therapist as needed. Only homeless patients may walk-in without an appointment to be assessed, and only at the Rose Ave. location (best to be there by 7:30 a.m.).
- Main Office: 604 Rose Ave., Venice 90291
Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services Outpatient Clinic - SLIDING SCALE, MEDI-CAL ACCEPTED, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 323-937-4856
- Website: www.vistadelmar.org
- Description: The Outpatient Clinic at Vista Del Mar provides comprehensive psychotherapy services to children and adolescents from birth to young adulthood who may be struggling with social, emotional, behavioral, learning challenges and/or developmental disabilities. The clinic accepts Medi-Cal and offers a sliding scale for private-pay. Programs include:
- Outpatient therapy including Evidence Based Programs
- Field-based and School-based mental health services
- Specialty in 0-5 services for children exposed to trauma using Child-Parent
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services
- Psychological assessments
- Other services at Vista Del Mar include Wraparound, residential treatment for children ages 8- 18, adoptions, Home-SAFE, and a non-public school serving LD, SED, and children with autism.
- There is also advanced training for mental health professionals
- Main Office: 3200 Motor Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90034
Westside Infant Family Network (WIN) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 424-258-0970
- Website: www.winla.org
- Description: WIN provides in-home early childhood mental health (IMH/dyadic) therapy for children and parents, as well as in-home individual therapy for parents, in conjunction with comprehensive, networked basic healthcare, early care/early intervention, social services provided by our agency partners. WIN services are free to low-income families with children prenatal to 47 months who are dealing with depression, trauma and other challenges to mental health. WIN also provides training and consultation to providers and programs serving young children throughout Los Angeles.
- Main Office: 3701 Stocker St, #204, LA, CA 90008
Women’s Clinic Counseling Center - SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-479-7100
- Website: www.womens-clinic.org
- Description: Women’s Clinic Counseling Center is a sliding scale, non profit providing on-going counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and groups. Treatment for issues include depression, anxiety, relationship issues, life transitions, trauma, abuse recovery, addiction & recovery, eating disorders, grief and loss. Therapists are master’s level Trainees and Associates who are supervised by licensed psychotherapists. Our sliding scale fees are according to income. By appointment only.
- Main Office: 11500 W. Olympic Blvd, Suite 422, Los Angele 90064
Wright Institute Los Angeles (WILA) - SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 424-371-5191
- Website: www.wila.org
- Description: Wright Institute Los Angeles (WILA) is a non-profit clinic and training center. WILA provides individual, couples, & group psychotherapy to adult outpatients. Fees are based upon the patient’s ability to pay. Most psychotherapists are advanced clinical psychology interns and post graduate fellows under the supervision of a highly trained and experienced faculty. Individual psychotherapy may address issues such, trauma, depression, anxiety, post-partum difficulties, low self-esteem, stress, grief or loss, life transitions, relationship and career struggles, marital problems, parenting, LGBTQ concerns, and personal enrichment. WILA does not provide court ordered treatment, does not work with severely mentally ill individuals, and does not provide medication directly.
- Main Office: 11845 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 505W, Los Angeles 90064
Disability Community Resource Center - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-390-3611
- Website: https://www.dcrc.co
- Description: Founded in 1993, the volunteer Council provides individualized assistance, especially to neuro- psychiatrically challenged. Peer-driven advocacy, community and agency consultation. Assists with Social Security medical reviews, provides information on transportation, utility reduced- rates and service/therapy animals. Experience in HUD discrimination process, successful HUD litigant. Advises, makes educational presentations on affordable housing, tenant/landlord rights. One member of Staff serves on the City of Santa Monica Disabilities Commission; Santa Monica Housing Commission; Relocation Appeals Board, Redevelopment Agency. Stigma, agency literature available. All services are free.
- Main Office: 406 Broadway, #123, Santa Monica CA 90401-2314
Mental Health Advocacy Services, Inc. - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 213-389-2077
- Website: http://mhas-la.org/
- Description: MHAS is a private nonprofit serving adults and children with mental and developmental disabilities with an emphasis on obtaining government benefits and services, protecting rights, and fighting discrimination. In addition, MHAS serves as a resource to the community by training and consulting with consumer and family member groups, government agencies, mental health professionals, school officials, judges and attorneys.
- Main Office: 3255 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 902, Los Angeles 90010
NAMI California Arrest Guide - FREE
Patients’ Rights (a division of LA County Department of Mental Health) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Numbers: 800-700-9996 and 213-738-4888
- Description: The Patients’ Rights Office was created in response to California legislation requiring each county mental health director to appoint patients’ rights advocates to protect and further the Constitutional and statutory rights of mental health care recipients.
- Main Office: 550 S. Vermont Avenue, Room 608, Los Angeles 90020
Individual Therapist or Psychiatrist
Inclusive Therapists - LOW COST, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Website: https://www.inclusivetherapists.com/low-cost-non-profit-services
- Focuses on the needs of marginalized populations, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, the LGBTQ+ community, neurodivergent folx, and people with disabilities.
Exodus Recovery, Inc., Administrative Offices - SLIDING SCALE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-945-3350
- Website: www.exodusrecovery.com
- Main Office: 9808 Venice Blvd, Ste 700 Culver City 90232
- Exodus Recovery Full Service Partnership Program (Intensive Outpatient Program) Serving adult populations between the ages of 26-59
- Description: The Exodus Full Service Partnership Program (FSP) is an intensive adult program designed to work collaboratively with a client to provide services both in the community and at the program site. The program will provide the services necessary to help seriously mentally ill individuals live successfully in the community rather than in hospitals, jails, institutions or on the streets. FSP program staff focuses on doing “whatever it takes” with available resources to help clients meet their individual mental health recovery goals. Services provided include medication support, case management, individual and group counseling and therapy, housing placement and support, substance abuse treatment, employment and educational support, peer support and linkage to community resources, including healthcare.
- Exodus Recovery – Westside Urgent Care Center (Walk-In Crisis Stabilization Program)
- Intake Line: 800-829-3923 Main Line: 310-253-9494
- Hours of Operation: 24/7
- Description: The Exodus Recovery Urgent Care Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any psychiatric emergencies. It is an alternative to inpatient hospitalization and will provide immediate crisis intervention and stabilization. Depending on the needs of the client, our interdisciplinary treatment team is prepared to offer a full spectrum of psychiatric treatment services, including linkage to crisis housing, shelter beds, sober living, community-based outpatient program services and inpatient treatment for mental health or substance abuse.
- Main Office: 11444 W Washington Blvd, Suite D, Los Angeles 90066-6024
- Westside UCC Crisis Transition Team (Care Coordination Program)
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. After hours through appointment.
- Description: The Crisis Transition Team is located within the UCC and consists of a Crisis Transition Coordinator who works to link persons with mental health issues and complex needs to the indicated level of services needed to achieve recovery. This team provides intensive case management for up to 60 days following discharge from the UCCs to ensure stabilization.
- Exodus Recovery Crisis Residential Treatment Program (CRTP) (Residential Crisis Services Program)
- Phone Number: 424-384-6130
- Description: The Exodus Crisis Residential Treatment Program is a 12-bed licensed social rehabilitation facility providing crisis services for individuals with severe mental illness. This program focuses on the evaluation and reduction of an individual’s psychiatric distress and the building of needed skills and resources to support individuals in remaining as independent as possible in the community.
- Main Office: 3754-3756 Overland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90034
- Exodus Recovery Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF)
- Phone Number: 310-237-0454
- Description: The Exodus Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is an adult, 16-bed locked, LPS designated PHF providing services to acutely mentally ill, ambulatory, voluntary and involuntary patients requiring inpatient hospitalization for treatment of their mental illness. Services provided in a safe and therapeutic recovery-based milieu include the following: assessments, medication evaluation and management, structured program and individual / group therapies as well as patient centered treatment planning. The treatment philosophy at Exodus PHF is based on the premise that all individuals have the potential to rehabilitate and to make choices about their environments for living, learning, working and socializing. Treatment concentrates on symptom reduction and stabilization, and on preparation for discharge, with linkage to other community resources. All services are provided under the direct supervision of a psychiatrist. The staff includes licensed mental health professionals (nurse practitioners, psychologists, social workers, marriage & family therapists), and nursing staff as well as a host of paraprofessionals.
- Main Office: 9808 Venice Blvd., 3rd Floor, Culver City, CA 90232
- Exodus Recovery Full Service Partnership Program (Intensive Outpatient Program) Serving adult populations between the ages of 26-59
Gateway Mental Health Hospital - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 323-644-2000
- Description: Involuntary Hospital. This program provides court-mandated residential treatment, and supervision services to men and women adolescence ages of 13-17 and adults 18-60. Clients enter the program in the following ways:
- Funding is provided through contracts with the Federal Bureau of Prisons and the State of California Department of Mental Health, Office of Forensic Services. Alternative sentence clients pay for their own community custody.
- Main Office: 1891 Effie Street. Los Angeles, CA 90026
Jump Street, Los Angeles (a Program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 310-855-0031
- Description: A short-term 10-bed psychiatric residential treatment facility for chronically mentally ill adults offering crisis resolution, stabilization and transitional programs.
- Main Office: 1233 S La Cienega Blvd, LA 90035
Social Model Recovery Systems - LOW COST, UCEPP is most accessible
- UCEPP (United Coalition East Prevention Project)
- Phone Number: 213-622-1621
- Description: A program whose mission is to engage the most vulnerable populations of Central City East – aka Skid Row – to challenge systemic conditions and social disparities that threaten a healthy environment and to prevent and/or reduce the impact of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco in the community by using grassroots research, assessment and innovative approaches to inspire social justice and positive change.
- Main Office: 804 E. 6th St., Los Angeles 90021
Via Avanta, Pacoima (a program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 818-897-2609
- Description: A 40-bed residential facility providing a 12-month treatment program for drug-addicted women, women with children, and pregnant substance abusers, including substance abuse treatment, family treatment, preschool and job training.
SAMHSA - FREE
- Website: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
Cornerstone Mental Health Center - LOW COST, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 818-901-4836
- Website: https://www.movinglivesforward.org/program/cornerstone-rrr/
- Description: Cornerstone RRR provides field-based services which includes a comprehensive array of mental health, intensive case management, dual diagnosis services and medication support services. The program has a milieu setting which includes laundry facilities, shower facilities, locker facilities and daily mental health groups. Cornerstone RRR provides immediate assistance to mentally ill, homeless individuals for basic survival needs including showers, light meals, laundry facilities, lockers, mail services and linkage to shelters, transitional and long term housing placements. Clients are assisted in applying for mainstream benefits, and receive medication evaluations/monitoring and individual and group counseling, as needed. A structured mental health milieu is provided seven days a week offering daily groups which address issues of homelessness and rehabilitative services which promote skills in independent living. Additionally, Cornerstone offers field-based services and on-site health and vocational services tailored to meet the needs of the client population.
- Main Office: 16360 Roscoe Blvd, 2nd Floor, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Languages Spoken: English and Spanish
Findhelp.org Search Engine - FREE
- Description: Tell callers/texters to input their zip code, click “Health”, click “mental health care”, click “outpatient treatment”
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center - LOW COST, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 424-306-4000
- Website: https://www.harbor-ucla.org/psychiatry/
- Description: On-site outpatient services include a general psychiatry adult outpatient clinic, a child & adolescent clinic, a dual diagnosis program, assertive community treatment teams (i.e., Full Service Partnership), the Trauma Recovery Center, a mobile Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation unit, a behavioral medicine clinic which treats patients with co-occurring medical comorbidities such as HIV and cancer, and a wellness center which provides fitness and recreational activities and peer support groups for our patients.
- “We provide outpatient, inpatient, and emergency psychiatric services to patients, regardless of their ability to pay.”
- Main Office: 1000 W. Carson Ave., Torrance, CA. 90509
- Languages Spoken: Translations for all languages available
Olympic Center, Los Angeles (a program of Didi Hirsch) - FREE, ONGOING SUPPORT
- Phone Number: 424-362-2900
- Description: Services provided: Outpatient therapy for children, teens, adults, older adults and families, Bereavement groups; suicide attempt support groups; crisis services.
- Main Office: 10277 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90067
Outpatient Therapy Groups and Support Groups Master List/Directory - FREE
Free and Low-Cost Resources